- Design and develop Chinese language curriculum and instruction on culture.
- Report principal on program development and student progress.
- Teach Chinese language in evening, weekend and online classes.
- Interact professionally with K-12 students and parents.
- Tutor Chinese language instruction to students.
- Explain and guide to build Chinese characters.
- Stimulate Chinese writing and reading skills in students.
- Teach pronunciation in Chinese Pinyin and Chinese phonetic system
- native speaker (or native speaker level)
- specialist language teaching certificate/qualification or other teaching certificate/qualification
- significant language teaching experience
- at least 12 months classroom teaching experience
- eligible to work in the UK for at least the next two years
- able to teach both group and individual courses
- enthusiastic with experience teaching language courses to adults
- highly competent, qualified and experienced
- degree, masters or Ph.D to do with teaching Mandarin or similar a big advantage
Salary and benefits
- Job Type: Part time
- Salary: £16.00 /hour
- Pay negotiable, depending on qualifications and experience